Friday, August 6, 2010

The Shadow Puppets That Invades My Room

I lay in bed making shadow puppets
High up on my walls
Not the animals that you use to see
But monsters, ten feet tall

And somewhere along I forgot the game
The monsters became so real
Their whispers made it so I could not sleep
I feel them creeping at my heels

So that in my mind, ideas they morphed
Into ridiculous proportions
That your soft lips and beautiful eyes
Picked up some strange distortion

I toss and turn, turn and toss
To shake me of my thoughts
Because you, my dear, deserve better than that
Or is it that you never got caught?

Cause these shadowed creatures have opened my eyes
Towards a new perception
And they roam about with excellent evidence
Of betrayal and deception

Dear oh dear! There I go again
Making a mess of things so simple
Under these sheets, I’ll gather my thoughts
For a dimple is no more than a dimple

But judge me not, for you must see
These shadows are not just my hands
It’s the projection of some insecurity
Of a broken lonely man!

So I lay in bed making shadow puppets
But they all are not the same
Because you’re no longer asleep beside me
Somehow I forgot the game

No comments:

Post a Comment