Monday, April 12, 2010

If I Leave You Behind, Still Know That You're Mine

This ink I write aims to kiss you good night
So that your dreams are of my return
For my natural scent will now surely be spent
As far as memory span is concerned

Yet it will never fracture your eyes' god-like stature
Even if I should ever go blind
So I attempt to imitate at a rather desperate rate
Hoping that you'll never forget mine

But through trivial instigation comes a pessimistic creation
I watch myself fade away from your border
And to no fault of yours, like footprints at the shores
Tides of time claims chaos to order

Alas, through points I digress, ultimately breathing is best
I'll put up with the toss and turns
This ink, though not vapor, is only as good as its paper
So keep it close where flames won’t burn

No comments:

Post a Comment