Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rescue Me

Rescue me
Words woven in strings
That long
And ease
My eyes lids closed

Settle now
In the void that haunts me
Pat it down
Dense and full
Am I satisfied?

Exhale right through me
Shuffle now
So still
It sways
Until I have no more to give
Shall it never come?
Or unrecognized right here?

A spark
To break the chains
To abandonment
Free?
Of the lips that turned away?
Reaching
Reaching
You're here now
Not within sight
Rescue me

Retract my arm
Divert my eyes
Let me smell the open fields
Hold me tight
Steady
Blow words
I dream to hear

Let laughter echo
My savior
My truth
Into words of my own
As a page
As in ink
Rescue me
Rescue me

1 comment:

  1. darling rescue me.....YAh!!!!..... i dun wanna let u go so i'm standing in your wayyyyyyay. i never needed anyone, like i'm needing today....do i have to say the words.......Do I have to tell the truth?
    Do I have to shout it out?
    Do I have to say a prayer?
    Must I prove to you how good we are together?
    Do I have to say the words

    ReplyDelete