Friday, January 28, 2011

Is This it?

Is this it?
That which I've never known?
Like advertisement of things
I've never owned?
And I speak in tones
Cause that's the difference, see
A form of deliverance
The true meaning in free

From the back seat of my truck
To the beginning of my luck
Drawing hearts on windows
That suddenly have fogged up
Until lips interrupt
As pleasant as it may be
There are times when speaking
And kissing will simultaneously
Occur

But which would I prefer?
I guess any and all
When it comes to the likes of her
And my heart concurs
Of intentions from this girl
Enough so to make me,
Four months ago, hurl
So hello world

Accept me again, I’m here
And oh dear, in fear
Of deception like veneers
Makes me grip on this wheel
Looking for exits to steer
But those eyes calm the soul
And if this ends then behold
Isn’t life but just these moments?
The rest is just dirt roads

Yeah, this is it!
It always was
The sweat and tears
And the occasional blood
And I owe the step forwards to all the duds
For all the bonds as thick as mud
So judge not and let grudges rot
Me, mistakes have taught
Higher than the things I’ve bought

And as it sits
The answer hits
Yeah this is it
Of course this is it

1 comment: